Child Safety Courses
Your two online professional learning options are:
1. In Safe Hands – Online Child Protection Training:
This is an external online training that includes individual certificates of completion for each registered participant.
How do you register?
Complete your payment below. An email with login details will be provided to registered person/s once payment has been made. Please note that login information to this online course is not automatic on payment. Please allow for 1-2 working days for processing requests and organising login information.
In Safe Hands registration:
*Please note all booking costs are exclusive GST
|In Safe Hands||$45|
2. Child Safety: face to face customised
Professional learning developed by Gowrie Training & Consultancy includes:
A 1.5 -2 hour customised session:
- Exploring the Strong Families, Safe Kids website
- Identifying what you need to know; Standards, regulations, law, policies and procedures
- Looking at theory that underpins early childhood practices
- Reflecting on ECA Code of Ethics and rights of children
- Opportunity to look at your services specific context
This session also includes a Certificate on completion
How do you register?
p: 03 62306824
Online child safety training addresses:
- National Law, Sections 166 – 167. The approved provider must ensure that all educators and staff at the service who work with children are aware of the current child protection law in the provider’s jurisdiction and understand their obligations under that law. It is also an offense under the National Law to subject a child being educated and cared for by an approved service to any form of corporal punishment, or any discipline that is unreasonable in the circumstances.
Regulation 84 – Awareness of child protection law
The approved provider of an education and care service must ensure that nominated supervisors and staff members at the service who work with children are advised of—(a) the existence and application of the current child protection law; and(b) any obligations that they may have under that law.