Join Annie Ball for a series of three 2.5 hour workshops devoted to exploring early childhood development, and exploring how educators can support children to grow into lifelong learners.
Each workshop will include hands-on activities suitable to share with children, with a particular emphasis for each workshop.
‘Head Heart and Hands.’ A Holistic Picture of Child Development.
We will consider the holistic unfolding of the child from Birth to Adulthood and explore:
- How we as educators can build the foundation of lifelong learning and foster interest in the world through the engagement of ‘Head Heart and Hands.’
Why Play is The Work of Childhood.
A look at the vital role that imaginative free play has in the integration of the will senses as a foundation to learning.
We will look at:
- What to provide in the home and education and care setting to support healthy play and provide meaningful engagement.
- How song, rhyme and story inspire healthy play.
Followed by Winter craft activities – incl. wax modelling and candle decorating
You are one of the ‘Child’s First Teachers’ – the Guardian of Warmth, Wisdom and Wonder.
We will consider:
- How we as educators, build a nourishing environment for children to imitate; what and how we introduce the world to the children matters.
- Daily routines, transitions, gestures, storytelling in supporting positive behaviours.
Followed by Craft activities – with wool.
Facilitator: Annie Ball
Location: Mary Gibson Training Room (Davey St entrance)
Workshop 1 – Wednesday 25th August 2021
Workshop 2 – Wednesday 1st September 2021
Times: 9.30am – 12.00pm
Cost: $55.00 per workshop or $100 for both (plus GST)
It is recommended that participants attend both workshops as the information from the first will flow into the second.
|General Admission - Full series||$100|
|General Admission Session 2 - 25th August||$55|
|General Admission Session 3 - 1st September||$55|